Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page!
You've asked, we're here to answer! If this page doesn't answer your question please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within a few hours. Let's get started!
Do you carry _______?
- Simply use the search function to help navigate our website and learn whats available. If you scroll down on a product it will show inventory for each location.
When will ____ be back in stock?
- Keep an eye to our website and social media channels (@doodledogsyyc) for all restocks!
I would love to learn more about feeding a raw food diet, can you help?
- Here is some great information about being new to raw feeding! If you have additional questions some of our brands we love such as Big Country Raw have GREAT websites with lots of information! After doing some research - pop into our stores to chat with our well educated associates.
What are your operating hours and addresses?
- Google will always have the most up-to-date information regarding our telephone number, hours of operation and addresses.
I need help with a new kibble for my puppy, what do you recommend?
- Pop into any of our stores and we would be happy to chat about food options for your pet!
We are shopping elsewhere but want to come to Doodle Dogs and not miss out on the Frequent Buyer cards already started?
- Are you shopping elsewhere and want to move over to the Doodle Dogs experience? Any active cards elsewhere ARE YOURS. Bring us a receipt, a paper card, or a screen shot of other programs and we can add them to our system so you can continue with us - without missing a single beat!
Do you sell Royal Canin or Purina?
- We do not. We are unable to sell prescribed vet food only available for sale at vet's clinics and we will never sell regular formula Royal Canin/Purina in any of our stores as it does not meet the mission standards of our business for optimal dog nutrition.
- We do NOT carry ANYTHING owned/made by Mars, Nestle, Colgate, Palmolive or JM Smuckers for the above reason.
You speak about a raw/fresh diets often, but why should I feed that over my kibble diet?
- Great question, here's a blog we wrote on the benefits of feeding raw!
How do I sign up or join your loyalty program? Wait, you have a VIP program with up to 16% off?
- You can learn about our new improved loyalty and VIP programs here.
My dog is a power chewer, what do you recommend that's indestructible?
- A block of metal. That's the only thing that will stand up and not tear against a carnivore's flesh-tearing designed teeth. You won't find a toy that your dog won't break. We will always say this. With that being said, try a West Paw, BECO or Planet Dog brand toy since they are guaranteed for a 1-time replacement! They are built strong and the manufacturer stands behind their products. For stuffies try a TUFFY brand or TENDER-TUFF toy. Your dog will probably rip it but it'll last longer. Remember these are TOYS, not CHEW TOYS. Chew toys should be Gorilla Chews, Benebones, or consumables like bully sticks!
I need to chat with Meghan or Corey, what days will I see them in the stores?
- Who knows. We fly by the arse of the seat of our pants and some days we're in all three stores and some days we aren't in the stores at all. We try to make ourselves available when and where we can but we can't be all places at once. If you need to contact us or schedule time with us please reach out to email@example.com or DM on instagram - as thats us!
Why do you carry such limited choices of kibble?
- Aside from wanting to promote fresh or raw options over shelf-stable/processed foods, we try to limit the amounts of kibble we sell. Unlike some chains that sell their own HOUSE BRAND of kibble, we are not tethered to any particular brand. We bring in what we like, what serves a purpose, and what can suit someone's needs over another brand without question. We don't sell 300 skus of kibble because we also believe in freshness and rotation!
Do you sell puppies?
- We do NOT. Don't buy a puppy from a pet store or Kijiji please. Puppies are a 8-16 year commitment and should not be made as an impulse buy. Please try rescuing a dog or getting a dog from a reputable breeder who concerns themselves with health testing, minimal litters and housing the animals with care. Puppies are not sweaters from the GAP, please think long and hard before bringing a sweet animal into your life and the future costs associated with grooming, vet visits and quality nutrition. Remember: good breeders would NEVER sell puppies to a pet store with zero concern with whom that puppy ends up. Quality kibble manufacturers won't even allow these types of stores to sell their products because it doesn't align with their values.
Can I bring back kibble once it's been opened?
- We work with some amazing companies who really back their products and help us help you when we get stuck with food.
- We will take back food if a dog is becoming sick from it or has developed an allergy to the food. You will be given store credit for the food under the following conditions:
- Bag cannot be mostly empty/eaten,
- Food has to be in its original packaging.
- If your dog simply isn't eating their kibble please read this blog on picky, fussy, bored eaters because we DO NOT wish to take back kibble that will result in just having to take back the NEW kibble later. That make sense?
Are dogs allowed in the store?
- Yes of course. They must be on moderately good behaviour, on leash, retractible leashes SHORT, and if any accidents occur we will provide clean up materials. Pee on it - your buy it!
- Children same rules apply.
Why don't you provide refunds?
- Most small businesses don't as it's a complete disruption to product availability and cash flow. It also costs money to refund cards and it's also an administrative hassle. We make sure to put this information on this website, in our accept terms and conditions box, at our tills at each store and even displayed at the bottom of your physical and digital copies. It's even taped to our payment terminal machine so you know well ahead of time before completing a transaction. We encourage folks who require the option of refunds on every purchase to check out websites of the businesses they frequent in advance so they know what options are available to them.